Easter vacations are on their way, and foodies can’t wait to enjoy grilling and barbecuing sessions at their own place. We are here to present you with the best grilling partner, “a gas grill,” which will add a new flavor and gratification to your grilling experience. In this article, we will be discussing the top five gas grills and a list of factors which will definitely assist you while purchasing this product.
If you’re concerned about the cost, then this is the right spot! Because you can get these amazing products under the price tag of $400 only. In a nutshell, these best gas grills are super-amazing, convenient, and handy appliances which are perfect choices for every level user. So let’s not wait more and dig into the further details:
Top Gas Grills Under $400 in 2021
- Best User-friendly Gas Grill Under $400: Weber Spirit II E-210
- Extra Space for Cooking: Char-Griller E3001
- Best Premium Gas Grill Under $400: Huntington 30040HNT
- Most Rated Gas Grill: Master Cook Classic
- Most Durable Gas Grill Under $400: Dual Fuel Combination Gas Grill
Things to Consider Before Buying Gas Grills Under $400
Infographic: Best Gas Grills Under 400 Buying Guide
Don’t get fool by the price tag of $400 because it is not possible to find a premium quality gas grill at a low price. According to our perspective, the build quality is an important aspect that buyers have to consider before spending money on any product. It adds durability, resistance, and strength to a gas grill and makes it a more properly functioning appliance.
By review, we come to know that heavy-duty metal construction is a top-graded building material when it comes to the best gas grill under $400. It is better than plastic material which is not heavy and strong. In this article, we have mentioned some premium quality metal constructed grills that are affordable and durable, such as the Huntington gas grill.
Count and Quality of Burners
We must say that burners are the main component of a gas grill. The number of burners varies from two to eight and more. Before considering that, you should have to find the use and serving of the best gas grill. If you’re looking for a grill that serves a small family, then three-burner grills are perfect and vice versa.
Besides the grill count, you also have to pay attention to the construction quality of burners. The cheap quality burners or grates result in uneven or slow cooking. It is good to consider porcelain-coated grates or aluminum constructed burners because they provide a good amount of heat and offer fast grilling.
It is another imperative thing to consider while buying the best gas grill. People get offended by tricky start-ups and old-fashioned ignition systems. Thus, it is a great idea to consider advanced grills that have integrated ignition that only needs a startup push. Above that, there is a piezo ignition system that is long-lasting and incredibly fast.
British Thermal Unit/ Power
The BTUs or British thermal unit is a measurement of bringing heat capacity. It determines the power output of each burner or whole gas grill. In today’s market, you can see gas grills with more than 70000 BTUs. However, in the price tag of $400, the power output of 30000 BTUs is good enough to support uniform cooking.
Over and above that, the power or BTUs is also linked with the number of burners. It is obvious that a grill required less power to run two or three burners. In contrast, a good amount of energy is required to run more than six burners. Thus you have to seek the burners count and BTUs ratio to select the best gas grill under $400.
In the advanced grills, you can also get some amazing fancy features that will make the grilling experience more convenient and effective. If you are more into new technology and modern appliances, then you should count this factor. The fancy features mainly include a built-in thermometer, gauges, regulatory buttons, fancy storage options, foldable tables or cabinets, warming racks, and more.
Here are the 5 Best Gas Grills under $400:
1. Best User-friendly Gas Grill Under $400: Weber Spirit II E-210
Available at amazon.com
Weber is a trendy brand when it comes to the grilling market. It is best known for producing affordable yet efficient and user-friendly products. The E210 is not an exception. This top-rated gas grill is a superlative model which offers you the ultimate level of convenience. If you are an entry-level chef, then this best gas grill under $400 will be a marvelous option for you.
Before anything else, we really like to appreciate the attractive and fancy layout of this grill. It comes with a very compacted design which is easy to use and operate. It features a black painted iron casted body which gives a shiny texture. The grates are made of metal and coated with porcelain material. Overall, it is not a heavy-duty construction but durable to a good extent.
Besides, it is best suited for solo or couples. It is a two-burner gas grill equipped with multiple fancy features like a built-in thermometer, integrated ignition system, foldable side tables, heat deflector, cart, and more. These features are not seen in other inexpensive grills. The purpose of installing these elements is to make grilling, start-up, and cleaning procedures more convenient and effortless.
- Effortless grilling experience
- Includes fancy features
- Easy to move
- Efficient in performance
- Not for large serving
Overall, it is a trustworthy gas grill that is not only affordable but efficiently working. It will convert your hectic grilling sessions into a joyful and convenient cooking experience. In short, it is a small and handy gas grill. If you want a bigger grill and can increase your budget then you should go for best gas grills under $600.
- Your purchase includes One Weber Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill in Black color
- Grill dimensions: Lid Open - 57"H x 48"W x 26"D. Lid Closed - 44.5"H x 48"W x 27"D. Each cooking grate is 10.16” x 17.5", for a combined measurement of approximately 20.32" x 17.5"
- Propane gas grill works with Standard 20 lb LP tank.
- Features: Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates, porcelain-enameled lid, iGrill 3 compatible (accessory sold separately), Built-in lid thermometer, Fold-down left side table, Open cart design, Fuel gauge, Stainless steel heat deflector, Panel frame
- Two burner grill is built to fit small spaces, and packed with features such as the powerful GS4 grilling system
2. Extra Space for Cooking: Char-Griller E3001
Available at amazon.com
Our list’s first product is the Char-Griller E3001, a super amazing gas grill that offers exceptional convenience, performance, and much more. The best thing about this gas grill is that it provides a large cooking area, normally rare to have in this price range. The main cooking area covers 438 square inches, while the additional warming rack is 192 square inches. It is perfect for serving large families.
As a whole, this is a three-burner setup with a power output of more than 40,000 BTUs. There is a side burner of 12,000 BTUs and a warming rack that serves you fresh and hot food. On the other side, there are side shelves where you can place essentials while cooking or grilling.
Besides, it is a steel-constructed heavy-duty gas grill. The body is highly resistant to pressure and temperature fluctuations. If you search for a long-lasting best gas grill under $400, this model is an appropriate choice.
- Vast cooking area
- Durable construction
- Includes side burner
- Electric ignition
- Assemblage is tricky
In conclusion, the Char-Griller is the best choice for buyers who need a long-lasting grill. It is made up of good quality materials and features the best performance. We really like the setup of side burners and the main cooking area. To find the perfect gas grill in your budget have a look at Best gas grills under $200.
- PREMIUM LIQUID PROPANE GAS GRILL - 40,800 BTU 3-Burner Gas Grill with a 12,000 BTU side burner and workstation with barbeque tool set storage hooks
- CONSISTENT HEAT & LARGE COOKING AREA - Three burners deliver continuous and even heat across the 438 square inch grilling area and 192 square inch warming rack
- EASY TO USE & CLEAN - Electronic igniters for each burner insure your propane gas grill starts easily with the push of a button
- DURABLE STEEL CONSTRUCTION - Heavy duty grill featuring cast iron cooking grates, dual smoke stacks, and stainless steel bbq thermometer
- STYLISH DESIGN - Char-Griller's unique barrel-style black gas grill, pairs with the Char-Griller 3055 3-Burner Gas Grill Cover
3. Best Premium Gas Grill Under $400: Huntington 30040HNT
Available at amazon.com
When it comes to premium build quality, the Huntington gas grill is our top priority. It is constructed with heavy-duty stainless steel material. The metal material is always preferred because it adds the element of sturdiness, rigidity, and resistance. This top-notch gas grill comes in a classical black finishing which looks aesthetic. Overall, this best gas grill under $400 scores full marks in design and construction.
This is also a three-burner setup. Generally, you can not expect an eight burners layout in the budget of $400. It consists of primary and secondary cooking surfaces with the following surface areas: 430 sq. inches and 300 sq. inches. This gas grill is an ideal option for medium-sized families.
We really like to appreciate the heating system of this premium gas grill. The burners have high-quality porcelain-coated grates, which provide an even and good amount of heat to food. It is based on the aluminized construction that protects the burner and adds a juicy flavor to food items. This best budget gas grill is perfectly made for foodies.
- Metal construction
- Looks aesthetic
- Aluminized heating system
- Packaging could be improved
The Huntington gas grill is a superlative product which provides the best design. It comes in a beautiful and decent layout so that you can place it inside your home. Moreover, it has an aluminized heating system which supports even heating.
- Durable cast aluminum oven helps provide even heat distribution, is durable and will never rust
- 30,000 BTU stainless steel main burner system heats-up the grill quickly and efficiently, features a 5-year warranty
- 430 sq. in. of total grilling area; 300 sq. in. primary grilling area; 130 sq. in. warming rack
- A 10,000 BTU burner allows you to prepare mouth-watering side dishes
- Easy to maintain porcelain coated cooking grid
4. Most Rated Gas Grill: Master Cook Classic
Available at amazon.com
Wondering for the best gas grill under $170 only? Here you go with the Master Cook Classic grill, which is an astounding barbecue partner. Though it is not a popular product in today’s market but has scored good ratings on Amazon. This splendid grill comes with a dual fuelling system which lets you use natural gas or propane both. It works great with both, but it depends on your preference.
This best grill under $400 features a foldable and compact design. Once you packed the machine, it could be placed anywhere, even in your kitchen. It is a complete steel-constructed gas grill which comes up with superior strength and durability. The burners are also made up of steel and give a great cooking experience.
The best thing about this gas grill is the ignition system. Usually, people get offended by the start-up and tricky ignition system of gas grill, but fortunately, this best gas grill under$400 is equipped with a piezo ignition system. Besides fast ignition, the piezo system lasts for ten years which is great.
- Fast ignition
- Durable building
- Good quality burners
- Foldable layout
- Value for money
- Average Cooking speed
The Master Cook Classic is not a popular product but offers great versatility and an advanced cooking system. We really like to appreciate its fast ignition system, which gets you rid of the hectic startups. Also, it has a foldable and some fancy features, which make it a complete deal.
- 473 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates
- 30,000 btu burner provides the cooking space
- Three stainless steel in-line burners for cooking performance
- Piezo ignition system provides fast and reliable burner start-ups with the push of a button
- Porcelain-enameled wire cooking grates, stainless steel handle, two foldable shelves and two heavy duty wheel casters
5. Most Durable Gas Grill Under $400: Dual Fuel Combination Gas Grill
Available at amazon.com
This is another dual-fuelling grill that is manufactured by BLOSSOMZ. It comes in a jet black color and features steel construction. It is a vast model that has a thick design. The dimensions of this best gas grill under $400 are 64 x 28 x 50 inches (length x width x height). It weighs 103 pounds. You can get some light and compact models like the ones discussed before, but this combination grill is preferred due to its high durability and power.
The build quality of burners also accounts for individual attention because it is responsible for heat production and cooking rate. In this top-level gas grill, there are three burners in total, composed of good steel material and uniform heating. The grates are coated with porcelain and are supposed to add mesmerizing flavor to your favorite food items.
Furthermore, the ignition system of this best gas grill under $400 is incredible. It has an integrated ignition system which requires no effort. In our opinion, this dual-fuel combination grill is an appropriate product for beginners.
- Beginners friendly
- Good build quality
- Effortless ignition
- Strong grill
- Dual fuelling system
- Instruction manual is less informative
This is a combination grill with a dual fuelling system. It will let you enjoy the barbecue and grilling with ultimate convenience and flavor. In a nutshell, it provides effortless ignition and the best performance.
- Gas side has 3 stainless steel tube burners offering a total of 24,000 BTUs
- Includes integrated ignition for all burners with rubber grip control knobs
- 188 sq in total warming rack space (89 charcoal, 99 gas) / 2 wheels for mobility
- 557 sq in total cooking space (262 charcoal, 295 gas) / Model# GBC1793W / Cast iron cooking grids
- Painted steel control panel with stainless steel trim / LP tank not included
What is the best grill to buy for the money?
The cost of a gas grill is an important factor to consider while purchasing. It is possible to have an affordable yet efficient performing gas grill. Weber and Char-Grill are two popular names in today’s market that account for producing the best budget-friendly and best-performing gas grills.
How many years should a gas grill last?
In general, durability depends mainly on the construction materials used in the building of a certain grill. Heavy-duty steel is preferred when it comes to the best gas grill under $400. However, it is also related to the element of care and maintenance. If you need your product to last longer than usual, you need to take an extra of it. According to the review, the best gas grill could last for even 15 years.
Are Weber grills really that much better?
Weber is one of the trendy brands in today’s market for produce remarkable products. The engineers of Weber’s grills mainly focused on convenience and innovative features. In this article, we have also discussed a Weber gas grill which is highly cost-effective and user-friendly.
Why do gas grills rust out?
If the surface is not ideally alloyed to metal like chromium, then rusting happened. However, this is not a serious issue in advanced gas grills constructed with heavy-duty steel or aluminum material. It is important to consider the build quality and resistance of the best gas grill.
Which gas grills are made in the USA?
There are different gas grills that are made in the USA. In order to check this out, you have to see the separate website of the corporation. Shortly, the Broil-King became a popular name in the category of American-based gas grills.
That’s all, folks! You have been informed of the best gas grills under $400 and the main factors that should be kept under consideration before choosing a product. If you’re busy at the moment, then check out our top priorities in the category of best gas grills under $400:
- Weber Spirit II E-210 because of its popularity and convenience. It is a smart and handy gas grill that comes with fancy features.
- Huntington 30040HNT because of its aluminum heating system, which provides evenly cooked and delicious food.
- Master Cook Classic Grill because of its piezo ignition system, which is fast, effortless, and long-lasting.
In a nutshell, all the aforementioned products are great working, advanced and budget-friendly choices. Now you have to recall your preference and requirement. We hope that this information would be enough for you to choose the best gas grill for under $400.
- Things to Consider Before Buying Gas Grills Under $400
- 1. Best User-friendly Gas Grill Under $400: Weber Spirit II E-210
- 2. Extra Space for Cooking: Char-Griller E3001
- 3. Best Premium Gas Grill Under $400: Huntington 30040HNT
- 4. Most Rated Gas Grill: Master Cook Classic
- 5. Most Durable Gas Grill Under $400: Dual Fuel Combination Gas Grill